Friday, September 30, 2011

Art show, workshop and portfolio facelift

So I have been working on my "Sirene de la Mer" (above) for a local art show, that I can never say no to because I like to remember my roots. No matter how in demand my work ever becomes, I'll still enter this community art show and price things accordingly. She is also part of my portfolio facelift and I think she'll make a cute summer mailer for next year.

I have also been asked to lead my first workshop on October 15th, it which I will demo how I make this collages and 30 participants will get to hunt through my found object loot to create their own reclaimed/ found object collage. I super excited and have a reason to visit my favorite, "found object loot" finding spots to bring all sorts of sweet stuff to the workshop. Hopefully someone will come take pictures for me so I can post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment