Saturday, January 16, 2010

Wish List

Getting started in the illustration business full-time is exciting and a lot of work. I'm planning on some mailers to go out in March/April to get more clients. I'm working on a self promotion piece involving my moving for the mailer. I'll do I show and tell once I have them ready to send.

These are some of the companies that are on my client wish list:
EeBoo -awesome games and puzzles for children
Chronicle Books
Ginger Bread Books
Scholastic
McGraw-Hill

I've decided on Marketing Mondays. I'll use most of Mondays to update my portfolio sites and website. Design Mailers, mail things and research companies. That's probably when I'll update this blog too and give a review of the past week.
Tuesday-Fridays will be Illustration days, and any extra time that I don't find myself busy with travel or personal commitments will be when I work on my fine art pieces. That's when I get to do the weird dark art that I like so much.

If you think about it, I just went from a 40 a week job to an 80 hour a week job. I believe though, that if you love what you do you'll never work a day in your life. It's all going to be worth it when I'm a well know illustrator and get mountains of work without even trying (that's the goal atleast, correct?).

No comments:

Post a Comment